Complete Dentures in Richton MS
Is it time to talk about dentures?
Many patients put off this conversation, embarrassed by their oral health situation. We want to reassure you right away of two things:
- You are not alone. Millions of adults in the U.S. wear complete dentures. Chances are good that you already know someone. In fact, denture technology has improved so much in recent years that you may not even realize that you know someone who wears dentures!
- We will never, ever judge you, shame you, or lecture you about your oral health. There are many reasons why people need dentures, and we are not about to make assumptions about you. We’re just happy you are here, and we will help you move forward and take charge of your care through gentle, comfortable dentistry you can count on and friendly education to empower you.
We’ve had plenty of people come to us who are dreading dentures because they remember the blocky, unnatural-looking dentures of their parents or grandparents and all the adhesives and other paraphernalia that went along with them.
You’ll be thrilled to hear that all of this is a part of the past!
Today, dentures are designed with both function and esthetics in mind – and it makes a huge difference!
The lab we trust to create our patients’ restorations and appliances takes great care to make sure that you receive beautiful, natural-looking dentistry. We want people to notice your friendly smile, not your dental work!
Each tooth is designed and placed into the dentures individually according to Dr. Darby’s exact specifications. This helps to keep the bite accurate and comfortable, and it also helps provide the variation that occurs in nature for a lifelike appearance.
Well-Fitting and Secure
In addition to the improvement in the appearance of modern dentures, the fit of dentures is much more comfortable than it used to be! In the past, denture wearers often had to rely on sticky pastes to keep dentures where they belonged – and even then, embarrassing slips were practically inevitable!
Modern dentures have a more flexible fit and rely on suction to stay in place. This is much more effective, especially for dentures on the upper arch, and properly fitted dentures stay put much better.
If you’re concerned about denture security or you need dentures on the lower arch (which has less room for suction), you might want to consider using dental implants to hold your dentures in place. In addition to providing a secure hold for your dentures, implants also help to preserve bone structure, so your dentures will fit correctly for a longer period of time.
Caring for Dentures
Proper denture care will help extend the life of your dentures. Dr. Darby will go over all the specifics with you, but here are a few important tips to keep in mind:
- Clean your dentures every day to prevent bacteria build-up and bad odors.
- Don’t drop your dentures! If you do, notify us right away so that we can check for damage (which often isn’t immediately recognizable to the untrained eye).
- Keep your denture moist and avoid heat as much as possible. If your denture dries out or is exposed to extreme temperatures, it can warp and no longer fit properly.
Call to Learn More
You don’t have to put off your appointment any longer. Call our Richton dental office and request a consultation with Dr. Darby to determine whether dentures are right for you.
- Complete Dentures
- Botox Treatment
- Composite Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Six Month Smiles
- Exams and Cleanings for Adults and Kids
- Flexible Partial Dentures
- Free Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Implant-Supported Crowns and Bridges
- Lifelike All-Porcelain Crowns
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Custom-Made Athletic Mouthguards